We're here to help with your solar questions.
With expert knowledge in mind, we’ve created the Solar Knowledge Hub. It is here we explore the benefits of solar power, how solar systems work, renewable energy innovations such as electric vehicles, off-grid tips, the latest solar energy news from around the world and the ways in which it affects our local community.
Take a look around and check back regularly – we’re always trying to help spread the word, so there’s regularly something new posted here.
- Powerwall 3 in New ZealandAre you considering a Tesla Powerwall for your home in New Zealand? With the upcoming release of Powerwall 3, potentially in 2025, it’s crucial to understand how it stacks up against the well-established Powerwall 2. There are still a lot of unknowns with the Tesla Powerwall 3 but here’s what we ... Read more
- Is it worth going off-grid?Ever considered embracing complete energy freedom and going off-grid? It’s a dream many share and one that’s both exciting and challenging to achieve. With an off-grid setup, your solar panels soak up sunlight, converting it into electricity. This power is used in the home, or stored in batteries ready for use ... Read more
- Case Study: Bec's Solar JourneyHear from Bec about her journey installing solar with Queenstown Solar. Bec had 24 solar panels and a Tesla Powerwall installed nearly two years ago, in this video she talks about the experience of installing solar and how it has performed. Ready to explore how solar could work for you? Fill out ... Read more
- Is my home suitable for solar panels?Do you use electricity? Do you have a roof (not essential)? The answer is probably yes, in which case solar is likely suitable for your home. Solar panels don’t need much to operate beyond plenty of natural light. Most people want their solar panels on their roof, so that is the main consideration ... Read more
- Is it worth installing a battery?Hands down you will have a better solar experience by having a battery as part of your setup. You will be more self-sufficient, feel secure in a power outage and also be able to ‘game the system’ by buying power when it’s cheap and using the battery when it’s expensive. In ... Read more
- How much money will I save with solar?The long and short of it is that installing solar will save you money. You start saving money as soon as your system is turned on by reducing the amount of energy you buy from the grid. How much you save depends on two key factors: the size of your solar ... Read more
- What's in the election for renewable energy?With the election only a month away I’m sure we are all having plenty of conversations about the future of New Zealand. We’ve not been shy about our opinion on the importance of electrification and renewable energy for New Zealand’s future, and if you’re anything like us, knowing what each party ... Read more
- Top 3 reasons to get solarAfter years of installation experience, we’ve found there are three main reasons why people get solar. 1. To reduce your energy bills Tired of watching your power bills get higher and higher? Installing solar can help! Solar saves you money by allowing you to produce your own electricity in the home. Any solar ... Read more
- What size solar system do I need?Solar system size varies depending on several factors. In this article, we discuss the process for determining the right size for you. First, you should consider why you are getting solar. Your motive guides your system design. It might be to reduce your energy bill, shrink your carbon footprint or ... Read more
- 8 ways to optimise your solarAs we start to enjoy longer days, it’s a good time to check you are getting the most out of your solar system and ensure it is performing at its peak. Check out these eight super simple tips to crank up your solar savings! 1. Use timers so your appliances run during ... Read more